Coconut-Lime Soup with Chicken and Rice Noodles
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 2013
- 2 small red Thai chiles, thinly sliced
- 8 sprigs cilantro
- 1 1/4 pounds bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1 can (14 ounces) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth
- A 1 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 fresh kaffir lime leaf
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from about 5 limes), plus lime halves, for serving
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce, plus more for serving
- Broad flat rice noodles, such as pad Thai noodles
Combine all ingredients except noodles in a large pot. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 12 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate; when cool enough to handle, shred meat from bones and discard bones. Add meat to soup.
Cook noodles according to package directions, then add to soup. Add more fish sauce, if desired, and serve with lime halves for squeezing.