Under 30 Minutes
Cotija and Corn Tacos with Lime and Mango
The corn salad that fills these tacos makes a great side dish as well. If you are averse to raw corn, you can always blanch the kernels in boiling water for one minute before proceeding with the recipe.
- 2 3/4 cups fresh corn kernels (from 4 ears)
- 3 ounces cotija or mild feta cheese, crumbled (2/3 cup)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest (from 3 to 4 limes)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 3 limes)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves (from 1 bunch)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions (from 2 scallions)
- Coarse salt
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 ripe mangos, peeled, halved, pit removed, and sliced into long, thin pieces
- Lime wedges, for serving
Combine corn, cotija, lime zest, lime juice, oil, cayenne, cilantro, and scallions in a bowl. Season with salt.
Toast tortillas individually over a gas burner, or spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and broil, turning once to char both sides. Fill with mango slices and corn salad. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing.