The pumpkin seeds in our muesli are an excellent source of protein, magnesium, and zinc. Toasting brings out the nutty nuances in the blend. Serve it with low-fat plain Greek yogurt and fresh fruit, such as pitted sweet cherries or berries. Both are high in fiber and rich in antioxidants.
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup large unsweetened dried coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a bowl; mix well to coat. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet and spread in an even layer. Bake, stirring once, until oats are lightly golden, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, May 2013