Tools and Materials
Blue acrylic paint
Paper or fabric flowers and leaves
Trim or ribbon
- Tape off the inside lip of egg boxes with painter's tape.
- Paint egg boxes with blue acrylic paint, and let dry on a paper plate.
- Brush the outside of one half of each egg box with craft glue thinned with a few drops of water.
- Use a spoon to sprinkle egg with glitter.
- Place egg on the plate, glitter side up, to dry. Repeat for the other side of the egg.
- Using the same glitter technique, coat embellishments such as paper or fabric flowers and leaves with glitter, and let dry.
- Glue embellishments to egg.
- Glue a decorative trim to both halves of egg, just above where the top and bottom halves meet.
Cardboard egg boxes, from $2 each, germanplaza.com
Glass glitter, by Wendy Addison, $12.50, tinseltrading.com
Vintage flowers (similar to shown), from $5 each, tinseltrading.com
Craft paint, by Martha Stewart Crafts, in Sea Lavender, $2, michaels.com