Spring Greens Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2013
- 1 teaspoon smooth or whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 6 tablespoons best-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups packed mixed baby greens such as mustard, kale, swiss chard, spinach, baby arugula, mache, and purslane
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh chervil leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced fresh chives
Whisk together mustard and lemon juice in a bowl. Add oil in a steady stream, whisking until combined thoroughly. Whisk in garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
Toss together greens and herbs in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette and toss to coat. Vinaigrette can be refrigerated up to 1 week.
Mix It Up
Farmers' markets are coming back to life, and finding baby leaves of kale, mustard, chard, spinach, arugula, and mache is easy. All you need is a mustardy vinaigrette to bring them into balance.