Linked Bead Necklace
- Premade gold-filled chain with clasp
- Small wire cutter
- Thin gold-filled wire, 22-gauge or thinner
- Bead (shown: Herkimer diamond)
- Small rounded needle-nose pliers
- 2 small gold-filled jump rings, or a soldering tool
Cut the chain in the middle, and take out one link with the wire cutter. Set it aside.
Prepare a piece of wire that's roughly the length of your bead, then add an additional 2 inches.
Follow the illustrations below to create a linked bead.
Repeat the process on the other end of the wire, looping and coiling the remainder and ensuring both coils are roughly the same size.
Use jump rings to attach the linked bead to the chain, or use the cut chain links and solder to close.