Spicy Turkey Chili
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless turkey thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced small
- 2 serrano chiles, seeded and minced
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, seeded and minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes, pureed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Coarse salt
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
Top It Off
Serve this chili with sliced jalapenos for heat, cilantro for fresh flavor, and a dollop of sour cream to cool things off.
In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine turkey, garlic, onion, serrano chiles, chipotle chile, tomato puree, chili powder, and 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook on high until turkey is fork-tender, 3 hours (or 6 hours on low).
Add beans and cook until warmed through, about 30 minutes more. Stir in vinegar and season with salt.