- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Jonathan Lovekin
- 8 slices rustic bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons olive tapenade
- 1/4 pound sliced provolone
- 6 ounces marinated artichoke hearts
- 6 ounces roasted red peppers
- 4 ounces sliced salami
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
Brush one side of each bread slice with oil; spread tapenade on other side. Layer half the provolone on tapenade side of 4 bread slices, then top with artichoke hearts, peppers, salami, and parsley, and remaining provolone. Sandwich with remaining bread slices, tapenade side down.
Heat a large skillet over medium. Place sandwiches in skillet and weight down with another heavy skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook sandwiches, pressing firmly with top skillet, until bread is golden and cheese is melted, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve warm.