Under 30 Minutes
Butternut Squash Pizza with Hazelnut Dough
Give pizza a rich, earthy flavor by layering sage, squash, and a touch of garlic over nutty dough.
- 1 cup very thinly sliced peeled, halved butternut squash
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Coarse salt
- 1/4 cup finely ground yellow cornmeal
- 1 ball Hazelnut Pizza Dough
- 6 to 10 small or torn sage leaves
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Garnish: hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
Preheat oven, preferably convection, to 500 degrees. Drizzle squash with oil, and season with salt; toss.
Spread cornmeal on a baking sheet. Stretch dough into a 9 1/2-inch round; transfer to baking sheet. Drizzle dough with oil, and arrange squash on top, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Bake for 6 minutes (10 minutes if not using convection oven). Meanwhile toss sage with garlic, and drizzle with oil to coat. Sprinkle sage mixture over pizza. Bake until crust is golden brown and cooked through, 6 minutes more (10 minutes more if not using convection oven). Garnish with hazelnuts, and drizzle with oil.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, October 2010