Cream Cheese Frosting
Try Martha Stewart's quick and easy cream cheese frosting recipe! Cream cheese frosting is a delicious delight atop cupcakes and a favorite on pumpkin cake, carrot cake and more!
- Yield: Makes about 2 cups
Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Martha Stewart Living Special Issues 2001
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Place cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl. Using a rubber spatula, soften cream cheese. Gradually add butter, and continue beating until smooth and well blended. Sift in confectioners' sugar, and continue beating until smooth. Add vanilla, and stir to combine.