Under 30 Minutes
Bloody Orange Maria
A Bloody Mary becomes a Bloody Maria when you swap tequila in for vodka. Our twist here is cutting the tomato juice with crimson blood-orange juice. It turns what normally feels like a meal in a glass into a brighter, more refreshing quaff.
- 2 lime slices, for glass and garnish
- Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon, for glass
- 3 tablespoons fresh blood-orange juice or regular orange juice, plus 1 twist from peel, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons tomato juice
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila (preferably blanco, or "silver")
- A few dashes hot sauce (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper, for garnish
Run the cut side of 1 lime slice around the rim of a glass; dip rim in salt. Fill glass with ice and add juices and tequila. Add hot sauce, stir once, and garnish with twist, pepper, and lime slices.