Under 30 Minutes
Bloody Orange Maria
A Bloody Mary becomes a Bloody Maria when you swap tequila in for vodka. Our twist here is cutting the tomato juice with crimson blood-orange juice. It turns what normally feels like a meal in a glass into a brighter, more refreshing quaff.
- 2 lime slices, for glass and garnish
- Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon, for glass
- 3 tablespoons fresh blood-orange juice or regular orange juice, plus 1 twist from peel, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons tomato juice
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila (preferably blanco, or "silver")
- A few dashes hot sauce (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper, for garnish
Run the cut side of 1 lime slice around the rim of a glass; dip rim in salt. Fill glass with ice and add juices and tequila. Add hot sauce, stir once, and garnish with twist, pepper, and lime slices.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, March 2013