Chicory Salad with Meyer Lemon Dressing
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Photography: chris court
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh Meyer lemon or regular lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds, toasted and coarsely ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons safflower oil
- 10 cups assorted chicories (such as Belgian endive, escarole, frisee, and radicchio)
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
Whisk together sour cream, lemon juice, vinegar, caraway seeds, and salt until combined. Gradually whisk in oil.
Place chicories in a large bowl, and toss with vinaigrette until evenly coated. Add nuts, and toss to combine. Vinaigrette can be refrigerated 1 day; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before dressing salad.