Teriyaki Beef Skewers with Bok Choy
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 pound sirloin, fat trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 heads baby bok choy, halved
- 2 bunch scallions, white and light green parts cut into 2-inch pieces
Cook rice according to package instructions.
In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and ginger until sugar is dissolved. Reserve 2 tablespoons marinade. Add sirloin to the bowl, and let marinate at room temperature about 15 minutes.
Preheat broiler. Brush a rimmed baking sheet with oil and add arrange bok choy on one half of sheet. Whisk 2 teaspoons oil into reserved marinade and drizzle over bok choy. Broil until starting to soften, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, thread sirloin and scallions onto 4 metal skewers. Flip bok choy, cover with foil, and add skewers to sheet. Broil 4 to 6 minutes more, flipping once. Serve with rice.