Chicken Salad with Apple, Pomegranate, and Beet
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Anson Smart
- 2 bone-in, skin on chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon orange zest plus 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cooked beets, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces baby arugula or mixed greens (5 cups)
- 2 red apples, quartered, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
In a medium pot, combine chicken and enough water to cover by 1 inch; season with salt. Bring to a simmer over medium-high, then reduce heat to a low simmer and cook chicken until cooked through, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and let sit until cool enough to handle. Remove skin and bones and thinly slice.
Meanwhile, whisk together orange zest and juice, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Arrange beets on a large platter. Top with greens, chicken, apples, and pomegranate seeds. Drizzle with orange dressing.