Grilled Cheese with Bacon, Apple, and Sprouts
There's nothing like a grilled-cheese-and-bacon sandwich. When you add slices of crisp apple and fresh-tasting sprouts to balance the richness, why, you have yourself a new instant classic.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 1
Photography: Jen Causey
Source: Martha Stewart Living, January 2013
- 2 slices extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 slices rye or sourdough bread
- 2 strips bacon, cooked
- 3 thin slices Granny Smith apple
- 1/2 cup assorted sprouts, such as radish or adzuki
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened, divided
Place 1 slice of cheese on 1 slice of bread. Layer bacon, apple, sprouts, and remaining slices of cheese and bread on top.
Spread half the butter on top of sandwich. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat, and place sandwich, butter side down, in skillet.
Spread remaining butter on top of sandwich. Cook until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown, flipping once, about 12 minutes.