Adorn simple boxes with figures similar to those on the pyramid. Set them out near the cake, and offer them as favors for guests to take home.
Wooden Box How-To
- Small paintbrushes
- Watercolor paint
- Wooden boxes
- Basswood, 1/32 by 3 by 24 inches
- Craft knife
- Wood glue
- Wooden figures: people, snowmen, birds, and trees
- Dremel drill, bit 3/32 (if making snowman)
- Paint the rims of the wooden boxes. Let dry.
- Print templates for snowman arms, caroler arms, and angel wings. Trace onto basswood and cut out with knife.
- Using brush, glue arms and wings to figurines. If making snowmen, drill shallow holes at sides to insert arms; glue, and let dry. If making angels, paint wings separately, then glue to painted body.
- Paint figures as desired. Draw details first very lightly in pencil. Use a spare piece of wood to check the color and opacity of the paint. Let dry.
- Glue figurines to box tops.