Rib Eye with Horseradish Butter and Root Vegetables
Don't go out for a great rib eye when you can make this meal, complete with veggies, in minutes. A little spicy horseradish cuts the richness of the steak.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Everyday Food, December 2012
- 1 large head celery root, peeled, halved, and cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless rib eyes (1 pound each; 1 1/4 inches thick), excess fat trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh chives
Heat broiler, with rack 8 inches from heat. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss celery root and carrots with oil and arrange in an even layer. Pat steaks dry and add to sheet; season vegetables and steaks with salt and pepper. Broil until vegetables are tender and steaks are browned, 8 to 10 minutes, flipping vegetables halfway through. Tent steaks with foil and let rest 10 minutes.
Stir together butter, horseradish, and mustard; season with salt and pepper and spread on steaks. Sprinkle with chives to serve.