Roasted Mushrooms and Spinach
These vegetables, roasted with garlic, are a scintillating side dish.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Everyday Food, December 2012
- 1/2 pound quartered cremini mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch spinach, trimmed and torn
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss together mushrooms, garlic, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Roast until golden, about 20 minutes. Remove garlic and roughly chop. Toss together spinach, lemon zest, and 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add to sheet, toss with mushrooms, and roast until wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with garlic and parsley to serve.