For great results, finish cooking pasta in the sauce, adding a little pasta water.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, December 2012
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced small
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes, pureed
- 3 anchovies
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup quartered pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
In a large saucepan, heat oil and garlic over medium until fragrant. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft. Add anchovies, capers, olives, and red-pepper flakes and cook 1 minute, crushing anchovies with a spoon. Season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce to a rapid simmer and cook until slightly thickened, 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with 3/4 pound cooked pasta.