Chili-Lime Roasted Butternut Salad
- 1 butternut squash (about 2 pounds), peeled, halved, seeded, and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon honey
- 2 hearts romaine lettuce, leaves separated, larger leaves torn
- 1/4 cup toasted pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds)
- 3/4 cup crumbled Cotija cheese (3 ounces)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss squash with 1 tablespoon oil and arrange in a single layer. Sprinkle with chili powder and season with salt and pepper. Bake until soft and lightly golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
Whisk together lime juice, cilantro, honey, and remaining 3 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Arrange romaine on a platter, then top with squash, pepitas, and Cotija; drizzle with dressing.