Green Salad with Citrus Dressing
Grapefruit and orange transform a green salad into a refreshing dish worthy of your holiday table.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Everyday Food, December 2012
- 1 Ruby Red grapefruit, peel and pith removed
- 1 navel orange, peel and pith removed
- 2 heads Belgian endive, leaves separated
- 1 heart romaine lettuce, leaves separated, larger leaves torn
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves separated, larger leaves torn
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Working over a bowl, cut out grapefruit and orange segments, then squeeze 1/4 cup juice total from membranes.
Place endive and romaine and butter lettuces on a platter and top with citrus segments and onion. Whisk together citrus juices, yogurt, and oil. Drizzle over salad and season with salt and pepper.