Apple-Oatmeal Lace Cookies
This dough spreads as it bakes, so be sure to leave plenty of room between cookies.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 2 1/2 dozen
Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Everyday Food, December 2012
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup diced dried apple
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine butter, oats, sugar, apple, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in eggs.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoons, 3 inches apart, onto parchment-lined baking sheets and gently flatten with damp fingers. Bake, one sheet on a time, until edges are golden, 10 to 12 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through. Let cool completely on sheets on wire racks.