Iceberg Wedges with Creamy Blue-Cheese Dressing
- Yield: Makes 1 3/4 cups
Photography: DAVID M. RUSSELL
Source: Martha Stewart's Cooking School, Episode 107
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely chopped fresh thyme
- Coarse salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 head fresh iceberg lettuce, trimmed and chilled
- Sliced tomato, for serving (optional)
Whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, and thyme in a bowl; season with salt and pepper.
Gently stir in crumbled blue cheese. (Dressing may be stored, refrigerated in a covered container, for up to 3 days.)
Cut iceberg lettuce into wedges and drizzle with dressing. Serve with tomatoes, if desired.