1 of 12
Glitz Dinner Plate
Glimmering gold lends a festive touch to any party's decor. At our cocktail party, golden garlands decked the walls, adding twinkly glamour to a spread of big-batch cocktails and festive finger foods.
If a full set of 22-karat embellished china isn't in your budget, a single Glitz dinner plate ($117, dbohome.com) can be used as a platter for small bites.
2 of 12
Martha Stewart Collection gold serve-ware (starting at $32, macys.com) adds extra glitz to an appetizer spread.
3 of 12
Gold Leaf Flute
Stemless barware, such as this gold-flecked Aliseo flute ($95, tableartonline.com), sets a relaxed and cozy tone ...
4 of 12
... and Coro glassware ($48 for 4, serenaandlily.com), sets a celebratory mood but is sturdier than stemmed varieties.
5 of 12
Golden Cheese Knives
This golden cheese knife set ($198, anthropologie.com) includes four models, arming you for everything from gooey Camembert to hard, aged Gouda.
7 of 12
Decorating for the holidays doesn't get easier than stringing up gold paper garlands ($35, alderandcoshop.com) in unexpected spots.
8 of 12
The Farmstead's Winter Meat Collection
The Farmstead's Meat Club winter collection (from $275, farmsteadinc.com) includes truffled foie gras mousse, whole-grain mustard, goose rillettes, country pate, and candied nuts.
9 of 12
Jan's Farmhouse Crisps
Serve it with deliciously crunchy Jan's Farmhouse crisps ($8, formaggiokitchen.com), and you have hors d'oeuvres covered.
10 of 12
Salted Honey Caramels
A box of sweet and savory French Broad salted honey caramels (from $12, frenchbroadchocolates.com) makes a great thanks-for-having-me present.
11 of 12
Serve citrusy Nino Franco Rustico Prosecco ($18, wine.com) straight up or in a cocktail.
12 of 12
December's New Oil
Katz Organic December's New Oil ($24, katzandco.com) is a deliciously bright and grassy olive oil.
You'll Also Love
You Just Viewed
Striking Gold: Dazzling Cocktail Party DecorReplay
- From the Shar-chives: Kevin Sharkey’s Most Beloved Valentine’s Day Ideas
- Our Food Editors' Food Resolutions
- New Year's Heave: Our 2014 Organizing Resolutions
- Decorate with Brass
- Studio Visit: Purl Soho
- Real Page-Turners: Our Favorite Bookshelf Organizing Ideas
- Board Games: Kevin Sharkey's Cheeseboard Picks
- Home Decor Inspired by Color
- All Scooped Up: The 10 Best Ways to Eat Ice Cream in Winter
- The Barest Simmer
- Layer Your Office Lunch: Five Days, Five Ways
- Brass Jewelry Projects: All That Glitters Is Not Gold
- Healthy and Delicious: Cooking with Whole Grains
- A Woodworking Couple's Labor of Love
- A Blueprint for Color