Fennel-and-Endive Salad with Pomegranate Seeds and Walnuts
Crisp, refreshing, and beautiful: What more can you ask of a salad?
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Photography: Jonathan Lovekin
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December 2012
- 2 fennel bulbs, halved, cored, and thinly sliced, plus 1/4 cup lightly packed fennel fronds
- 1 pound Belgian endive (preferably red), trimmed and leaves separated
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (from 1 pomegranate)
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/3 cup high-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Scatter fennel and endive on a large platter, and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, walnuts, and fennel fronds.
Whisk together oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over salad, and serve.