Tools and Materials
Colored tailor's chalk pencil
2 mm wool felt
Sewing machine and sewing supplies
Fabric glue, such as Magna-Tac
Felt animal (see Ornaments; skip step 5)
- Print stocking and cuff templates, and cut out.
- Using tailor's chalk, trace smaller stocking template onto 2 pieces of wool; trace larger template onto felt. Use scissors to cut wool and pinking shears to cut felt.
- Trace cuff template onto 2 pieces of wool. Cut out, using pinking shears for bottom edge.
- Create an eyelet pattern on bottom edge of cuffs: Starting at the bottom, punch 3 rows of holes, using the screw punch's 3 settings (smallest to largest).
- Assemble stocking layers with felt in the middle and cuffs on each end. Align cuff and 1 layer of wool at top, and stitch 1/4 inch from top edge. Stitch remaining 3 layers in same manner.
- Pin stocking together. Sew around stocking, 1/4 inch in from edge of wool piece, leaving top open.
- Cut a 1-by-8-inch strip of felt. Gather ends together to form a loop for hanging, and sew inside the stocking, at the back, toward the top.
- Glue felt animal ornament to stocking.