Warm Chocolate Pudding Cakes with Caramel Sauce
These rich chocolate cakes have a soft center that partners well with the caramel topping.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, October 2009
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) cold unsalted butter, cubed, plus more, room temperature, for ramekins
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus more for ramekins
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 large eggs plus 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Caramel Sauce, for serving
- Whipped cream, for serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter four 6-ounce ramekins, then coat lightly with sugar, tapping out excess. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and chocolate. Microwave until melted, about 1 minute; stir until smooth. (Or melt mixture in a heatproof bowl set over, not in, a pan of simmering water.)
In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, yolks, flour, and salt; add chocolate mixture and whisk to combine. Fill each ramekin three-quarters full with batter; place on a rimmed baking sheet and refrigerate 15 minutes.
Bake until center of a cake is soft but not wet when pressed, 27 to 30 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes. Serve cakes warm, topped with caramel and whipped cream.