Under 30 Minutes
Gingery Salmon Burgers
- 5 hamburger buns
- 1 skinless salmon fillet (1 pound), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup minced fresh chives
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Toppings, such as mayonnaise and lettuce
In a food processor, pulse 1 bun until coarse crumbs form; transfer to a plate. Add salmon to processor and pulse until coarsely chopped but not pureed. Transfer to a bowl and add 1/3 cup breadcrumbs, ginger, mustard, chives, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; stir to combine. Form into 4 patties, then coat with remaining breadcrumbs.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium. Add patties and cook until golden brown outside and opaque throughout, 4 minutes per side. Drain on a paper-towel-lined plate. Serve burgers in remaining buns with desired toppings.