1 of 6
Equally passionate about food, interiors, and fashion, designer Athena Calderone is forever on the hunt for the latest and greatest -- from hardworking cooking tools to haute accessories.
Click through to see the simple, natural items the New York-based interior designer and blogger can't live without.
2 of 6
The geometric print on this bag, by designer JADEtribe, reminds her of her favorite Moroccan and Turkish kilim rugs.
3 of 6
Just Add Salt
She uses smoked Maldon sea salt to add cooked-over-the-coals flavor to oven-roasted winter vegetables.
4 of 6
A frequent traveler, she loves Leilani Bishop’s no-spill roll-on fragrances.
$65 each, warmny.com
5 of 6
"I put herbs in everything, and I chop them with my mezzaluna in this great bowl," she says.
$72 per set, broadwaypanhandler.com
6 of 6
It's a Wrap
She often finds inspiration at the hardware store and will wrap Manila rope around almost anything -- ceiling beams, sofa legs -- to add a touch of natural texture.
By Everbilt, $8.25 for 50', homedepot.com
You Just Viewed
Athena Calderone's Favorite ThingsReplay
- How to Make Crepe-Paper Flowers
- Healthy (but Fun!) Lunches for Kids
- 12 Homekeeping Multitaskers
- Our Favorite Bathrooms
- Embroidery Projects
- 10 Ways to Get Creative with Candles
- Fun Birthday Cake Designs: The Icing on a Perfect Party
- Editors' Picks: The Best of Decoupage
- Bedroom Organizers
- Roast Chicken 101
- What's for Dinner? 10 Budget Meals
- Double-Duty Dinners
- Pet-Inspired Projects
- Vegetarian Recipes for Entertaining
- Tips and Tricks for Hosting a Cocktail Party