Unwrap a sweet surprise with cute pumpkin balls filled with favorite candies. If you prefer your treat vessels winged, try our bat variation.
Tools and Materials
- Rubber ball
- Roll of orange crepe-paper party streamers
- Variety of small treats
- Pumpkin template of your choice
- Glue stick or double-sided tape
- Craft paper
Additional Supplies for Bat
- Black crepe paper
- Black construction paper
- Bat template
- Adhesive rhinestones
Pumpkin Treat Balls How-To
- Use a rubber ball as the core of the surprise ball. Start by wrapping the rubber ball with the paper streamer directly from the roll.
- Bundle treats into the ball as you stretch and wrap the streamer. When the ball is desired size, cut streamer and tape down end with double-sided tape.
- Download a pumpkin template of your choice and cut out shapes for jack-o'-lantern face. Attach shapes to ball with a glue stick or double-sided tape.
- Twist a piece of craft paper or brown paper bag into a stem; attach with glue stick or double-sided tape.
To make a bat, use black crepe paper to make the ball. Download and print the bat template and trace and cut from black construction paper; adhere to ball with double-sided tape. Add rhinestones for eyes.