Green Beans with Sauteed Mushrooms and Garlic
Serve a stovetop green: While the oven is filled with turkey and other fixings, make this bright side on the the range.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, November 2012
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 thinly sliced cloves garlic
- 1 1/4 pounds button mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 pounds blanched green beans
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cook, undisturbed, 3 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high and saute until golden, about 6 minutes. Add coriander, season with salt and pepper, and cook 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium, carefully add wine, and cook until reduced, 1 to 2 minutes, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon. Add water, season with vinegar, and toss with parsley. Spoon over green beans and serve warm or at room temperature.