Broccoli with Almonds and Olives
Serve a stovetop green: While the oven is filled with turkey and other fixings, make this bright side on the the range.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, November 2012
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted black olives, such as Kalamata or Nicoise
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 8 cups blanched broccoli (from 2 bunches)
Combine oil and olives, almonds, lemon zest plus juice, and red-pepper flakes. Add parsley and season with salt. Toss with broccoli and serve warm or at room temperature.