Lemony Pasta with Goat Cheese and Spinach
This is one of the quickest, most efficient suppers on the planet. Creamy goat cheese makes its own sauce, but it needs the fresh brightness of lemon to really pop.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, November 2012
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 pound spaghettini or spaghetti
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 10 ounces baby spinach (10 cups)
- 3 cups fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon juice
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 2 cups pasta water, then drain.
In pot, stir together goat cheese and 1 cup pasta water over medium. Add pasta, spinach, parsley, cilantro, lemon zest and juice, and more pasta water if necessary to create a light sauce that coats pasta; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with walnuts and serve.