Under 30 Minutes
Thai Skirt Steak with Carrot Salad
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon lime zest plus 1 tablespoon juice and wedges for serving
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound skirt steak, cut into 4 pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 6 medium carrots, trimmed and shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
In a large zip-top bag, combine curry paste, lime zest, and 1 teaspoon oil. Add steak and shake to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour (or up to overnight).
Heat broiler, with rack set 8 inches from heat. Transfer steak to a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet, season with salt and pepper, and broil until medium-rare, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Let rest, covered, 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine lime juice, carrots, cilantro, and remaining teaspoon oil. Season salad with salt and pepper. Slice steak against the grain and serve with salad and lime wedges.
SourceEveryday Food, November 2012