Mustard-Glazed Salmon with Lentils
Grainy mustard adds body and zip to this easy-to-make broiled-salmon dinner.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, November 2012
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced small
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (4 to 6 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
Heat broiler, with rack set 8 inches from heat. In a large broiler-proof skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion and cumin and cook, stirring, until onion is golden, 8 minutes. Meanwhile, rub mustard on salmon and season with salt and pepper.
Add lentils to skillet, stir, and season with salt and pepper. Nestle salmon in lentils and broil until opaque throughout, 5 to 8 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.