Kale Salad with Chicken and Sweet Potato
This is a delightful, filling salad that uses already handy frozen chicken tenders.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Romulo Yanes
Source: Everyday Food, October 2012
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into half-moons
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 pound frozen breaded chicken tenders
- 4 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, tough stems and ribs removed, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil, season with salt and pepper, and move to one half of sheet. Arrange chicken on other half. Bake until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through, 20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature; chop chicken into pieces.
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, and remaining 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Toss potatoes, chicken, and kale with dressing and sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.