Buffalo Chicken Pizza
This is a three-alarm pizza, so have a cold drink handy.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Photography: Romulo Yanes
Source: Everyday Food, October 2012
- 1 pound pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cayenne-pepper sauce, such as Frank's RedHot, divided
- 3/4 pound frozen breaded chicken tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, shredded
Preheat oven to 500 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, stretch or roll dough into a 11-by-15-inch oval. Combine butter and 1/4 cup hot sauce; brush on dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Top with chicken. Bake until chicken is cooked through and crust is deep golden brown, 18 minutes.
Remove pizza from oven, drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons hot sauce, and sprinkle with Monterey Jack. Bake until cheese is melted, 4 minutes more. Transfer to a cutting board and top with blue cheese, celery, and carrot.