Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
This comforting classic is so easy to make, you'll never eat the store-bought version again.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Photography: Romulo Yanes
Source: Everyday Food, October 2012
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, diced small
- 2 medium carrots, diced medium
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced small
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 ounces vermicelli or angel-hair pasta, broken into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high. Add celery, carrots, and onion and cook until celery and carrots are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Add broth and 4 cups water and bring to a boil. Add chicken, reduce to a simmer, and cover. Cook until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. With tongs, remove chicken and chop or shred into bite-size pieces. Add pasta to pot and cook until tender, about 4 minutes; season with salt and pepper. To serve, stir in chicken and dill.