This peppery, citrus salad is good with grilled salmon, shrimp, or pan-seared tofu.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Romulo Yanes
Source: Everyday Food, October 2012
- 2 oranges
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro and 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 5 ounces torn escarole (8 cups)
- 2 thinly sliced scallions
With a sharp knife, cut peel and pith off oranges and discard. Working over a large bowl, cut out segments, then squeeze 1 tablespoon juice from membranes. Whisk in minced cilantro, vinegar, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Toss with cilantro leaves, escarole, and scallions.