Hatch Chile Corn Pudding
- 24 ounces frozen corn kernels (4 cups), thawed and drained, at room temperature, divided
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) Hatch green chiles, diced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese (6 ounces), divided
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Puree 3 cups corn in a food processor. Transfer to a large bowl, and stir in remaining cup corn, the salt, scallions, chiles, flour, and 1/3 cup cheese. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and cream just until combined. Stir into corn mixture.
Place butter in an 8-inch square baking dish, and place in oven until butter is melted, about 10 minutes. Pour batter into hot baking dish, and sprinkle top with remaining 1 2/3 cups cheese. Place a baking sheet on lower rack to catch any drips, and bake until puffed and bubbling and cheese is golden brown, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool 30 minutes before serving.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, November 2012