Hatch Chile Corn Pudding
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Photography: Marcus Nilsson
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2012
- 24 ounces frozen corn kernels (4 cups), thawed and drained, at room temperature, divided
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) Hatch green chiles, diced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese (6 ounces), divided
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Puree 3 cups corn in a food processor. Transfer to a large bowl, and stir in remaining cup corn, the salt, scallions, chiles, flour, and 1/3 cup cheese. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and cream just until combined. Stir into corn mixture.
Place butter in an 8-inch square baking dish, and place in oven until butter is melted, about 10 minutes. Pour batter into hot baking dish, and sprinkle top with remaining 1 2/3 cups cheese. Place a baking sheet on lower rack to catch any drips, and bake until puffed and bubbling and cheese is golden brown, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool 30 minutes before serving.