Cream Cheese Pie Dough
Freezing cream cheese for 20 to 30 minutes makes cutting it in to small pieces easy.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes enough for 1 double-crusted or 2 single-crusted 9-to-10-inch pies
Photography: Marcus Nilsson
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2012
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 6 ounces cold cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 3 to 4 tablespoons ice water
Combine flour and salt in a food processor, and pulse to blend. Add butter and cream cheese, pulsing until pea-size clumps form.
With machine running, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, just until mixture comes together when pressed in your hand. Divide dough into 2 pieces, and shape each into a disk. Wrap each disk in plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, about 45 minutes.