Shaved Parsnip Salad with Grapefruit
This colorful salad blends bitter with sweet flavors.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Romulo Yanes
Source: Everyday Food, October 2012
- 2 grapefruits, peel and pith removed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds parsnips, peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
Working over a large bowl, cut out grapefruit segments, then squeeze 1/4 cup juice from membranes. Whisk in oil, vinegar, honey, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. With a vegetable peeler, shave parsnips on the diagonal into strips. Add to bowl along with parsley and toss.