1 of 4
These adorable, edible marzipan cake toppers aren't too hard to make -- all it takes is patience. To make the animals, combine marzipan with gel food coloring, and use the photos as a guide. Use our marzipan recipe or purchase it from odense.com.
Tip: Use a skewer to form an indent on top edge of the face piece to create a widow’s peak.
2 of 4
Tip: Make front legs slightly shorter and thicker than back legs to support the elephant in a seated position.
3 of 4
Tip: Use a pencil or rolled-up piece of paper to hold legs in position while they firm up.
4 of 4
Tip: Attach legs to body in standing position, then fold legs under to have lion sit or lie down.
You Just Viewed
Marzipan Menagerie Cake Toppers How-ToReplay
- Brass Jewelry Projects: All That Glitters Is Not Gold
- The Barest Simmer
- Board Games: Kevin Sharkey's Cheeseboard Picks
- Studio Visit: Purl Soho
- A Blueprint for Color
- Make-Ahead Office Lunch: Five Days, Five Ways
- Decorate with Brass
- A Woodworking Couple's Labor of Love
- Our Food Editors' Food Resolutions
- New Year's Heave: Our 2014 Organizing Resolutions
- From the Shar-chives: Kevin Sharkey’s Most Beloved Valentine’s Day Ideas
- Home Decor Inspired by Color
- Healthy and Delicious: Cooking with Whole Grains
- Real Page-Turners: Our Favorite Bookshelf Organizing Ideas
- All Scooped Up: The 10 Best Ways to Eat Ice Cream in Winter