Under 30 Minutes
To make it vegetarian, swap vegetable broth for the chicken broth and stir in some roasted vegetables, such as mushrooms or cherry tomatoes, in place of the shrimp.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio or Carnaroli rice
- 4 cups chicken broth, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp (31 to 35), peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus more for serving
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves, plus more for serving
In a 6-quart pressure cooker, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium. Add onion and garlic and saute until soft, about 4 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add 3 cups broth and season with salt. Secure lid. Bring to high pressure over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and cook until rice is tender, about 10 minutes (adjust heat to maintain pressure).
Remove from heat, vent pressure, and remove lid. Stir in remaining 1 cup broth and shrimp and cook over medium until shrimp are opaque, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in Parmesan, herbs, and remaining tablespoon butter. Serve topped with additional herbs.