This quick-cooking, whole-grain side is good with broiled salmon and roast chicken.
- 1 cup bulgur
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest and 2 tablespoons juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta (2 ounces)
- Salt and pepper
In a large bowl, combine bulgur with boiling water. Cover and let stand 20 minutes; drain and return to bowl. Rinse and drain chickpeas, then add to bowl with lemon zest and juice, olive oil, dill, and feta; season with salt and pepper.