These crowd-pleasing packable treats shine at bake sales, birthday parties, or anywhere you take them.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 24
Photography: Andrew Purcell
Source: Everyday Food, September 2012
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
In a large bowl, using a mixer, beat butter and both sugars on high until pale and fluffy, 3 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Reduce speed to low, add flour mixture, and beat until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and cherries.
Press mixture into a 9-by-13-inch metal baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, 28 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack.