Toffee-Almond Popcorn Balls
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 16
Photography: Andrew Purcell
Source: Everyday Food, September 2012
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for shaping
- 1 bag (10 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 16 cups popped popcorn (from 2/3 cup kernels)
- 1/2 cup toffee pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
In a large pot, melt butter over medium. Add marshmallows and cook, stirring, until melted, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat and add popcorn, toffee, almonds, chocolate chips, and salt; gently fold to combine.
Working quickly, lightly coat hands with butter and gently shape popcorn mixture into 16 balls; place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and let cool until set, about 10 minutes.