Chicken with Mushrooms
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Andrew Purcell
Source: Everyday Food, September 2012
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken cutlets
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 pound button mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Place flour in a shallow dish. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then coat with flour, shaking off excess.
In a large skillet, heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high. In batches, cook chicken until browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and tent loosely with foil.
Reduce heat to medium, add thyme, mushrooms, and remaining 2 tablespoons butter, and cook until softened, 6 minutes.
Add wine and broth and cook, stirring, until reduced by half, 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Return chicken to pan along with any accumulated juices; top with parsley.