- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Andrew Purcell
Source: Everyday Food, September 2012
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced small
- 1 pound button mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 5 ounces baby spinach (5 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper Jack (6 ounces), divided
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking spray
- 6 flour tortillas (8-inch), warmed
- 1 avocado, sliced
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add onion and cook 3 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high, add mushrooms, and saute until golden, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl, toss with spinach and 1 cup pepper Jack, and season with salt and pepper.
Lightly coat 6 jumbo muffin cups with cooking spray and press tortillas into cups. Divide vegetable mixture among cups and top with remaining 1/2 cup pepper Jack. Bake until cheese is melted and tortillas are light golden and crisp, about 7 minutes. Serve tortilla cups topped with avocado.