Chicken and Roasted Vegetable Salad
What's the key to avoiding dry, flavorless breast meat? Marinade! Jazz up this chicken with the same honey-mustard vinaigrette that gives zip to Honey-Mustard Salmon with Green Beans.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Andrew Purcell
Source: Everyday Food, September 2012
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (2 pounds total)
- 1/2 cup reserved vinaigrette from Honey-Mustard Salmon with Green Beans
- 2 zucchini or summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch half-moons
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 5 ounces baby spinach (5 cups)
- Lemon wedges, for serving
In a zip-top plastic bag, combine chicken and vinaigrette. Refrigerate 1 hour (or up to 12 hours). Preheat oven to 475 degrees, with rack in upper third. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss zucchini, tomatoes, and potato with oil and season with salt and pepper. Add chicken to sheet, skin side up; season with salt and pepper. Bake 10 minutes. Heat broiler and broil until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are golden, about 10 minutes.
Transfer chicken to a cutting board and let rest while vegetables continue to broil, 5 minutes more. Toss vegetables with spinach and divide among plates. Remove bones and slice chicken. Serve chicken on top of salad, with lemon wedges.